Blake is one of Canada's longest serving CKOs, with over twenty years of experience in the fields of Knowledge Management, Business and Education. He has worked on the cutting edge of Information, Communication Technologies, E-learning and Innovation for over 20 years. Career Highlights include:
- Founder of one of Canada's first strategic Web development firms - The Big Picture (1995)
- Co-Founder of the Digital Education and the Arts Program - One of Canada's first fully integrated Arts and Technology programs (City of York Board of Education (1995)
- Founding Team Member of Canada's first global virtual learning high school school (The Virtual School , Toronto District School Board, 1999)
- Founding Team Member, The Institute for Knowledge Innovation and Technology at OISE /UT(1999)
- COO/CKO Atlantis Systems Corporation - Operational oversight for the development and roll-out of the Integrated Maintenance Training Simulation for the CF, RAAF, and US Airforce; The development of the world's first Virtual Reality Helicopter Training Simulator; and the development of over 500 virtual / simulation training courses for the Canadian Forces CFTS program.
- Founder of the Knowledge Management Institute of Canada (2008)
He has performed in senior management roles as Chief Executive Officer, President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Knowledge Officer in the Aerospace, Energy, Healthcare, Business and Education Sectors.
A sought after presenter and subject matter expert on subjects ranging from Knowledge Management, E-learning, Training, The Knowledge Economy, Learning Technologies, and Organizational Learning , Oganizational Effectivness and Change Management.
In addition to leading the Knowledge Management Institute of Canada, Blake serves on the Council for Information and Knowledge Management and the Council for Innovation and Comercialization with the Conference Board of Canada, the Institute for Knowledge, Innovation and Technology and is an Adjunct Faculty Member and Student Advisor at Royal Roads University, Faculty of Management.