The Conference Board of Canada is Canada's Foremost Independent, Evidence-Based & Non-Profit Research Organization. Providing Insights & Understanding. Latest Economic Trends. Leadership Training. Cutting-Edge Research. Services: Economic Data, Leadership Development, Reports, Webinars, Executive Networks.
As a member of the newly formed Strategy and Operations team, you will be able to put your passion for knowledge and information management to work every day.
Knowledge Manager, Strategy & Operations Team
The Knowledge Manager is responsible for developing and systematizing an enterprise-wide approach to knowledge sharing. The role you will play will have an impact on strengthening, elevating and supporting research delivery standards by guiding colleagues to efficiently and effectively store and locate content and through ongoing training, new resources and tools.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who takes initiative and is action oriented. You are a highly motivated individual with excellent communications skills and a natural ability to build relationships at all levels. You thrive at the cross-section of people, process and technology.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Strategy & Operations, this is a full-time permanent role located in our Ottawa office and is available immediately.
- Develop, manage and support ongoing knowledge management processes and related activities in support of enterprise-wide needs and initiatives.
- Create new systems and processes that will improve and modify knowledge sharing and capture across the organization
- Evaluate, develop, and implement a document management strategy
- Identify, evaluate and manage external providers and sources that support the information needs of program, policy and research teams.
- Arrange, monitor, distribute research alerts to targeted internal audiences.
- Design and facilitate training on resources and tools available to researchers enabling them to produce excellent work.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and demonstrating professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Knowledge Management or equivalent
- A minimum of five years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience building a comprehensive knowledge management strategy and plan, which includes an integrated document management plan, along with a knowledge capture, retention, transfer and translation strategy to promote knowledge sharing amongst employees, partners and external stakeholders
- Proficient in information resources such as search engines, websites, industry associations, government data sets, academic journals and third-party products (EBSCO, JSTOR, etc.)
- Strong research aptitude and interest; analytical and problem-solving skills are key
- Experience using content management platforms such as SharePoint
- Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability
- Ability to balance attention to details with big-picture perspective
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this exciting opportunity, click HERE to submit your cover letter and resume